On Independence Day,
Here’s wising your dreams of a New tomorrow come true…
Now and Always Happy Independence Day to you.
Independence Day Fun Facts
- Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson signed the Declaration of Independence and both died on July 4th. Weird.
- President Calvin Coolidge was born on July 4th 1872.
- Only John Hancock actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. All the others signed later.
- Sign Your John Hancock. The Term “Sign Your John Hancock” comes from an actual guy named John Hancock. He was the president of the Continental Congress and one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
- The stars on the original American flag were originally in a circle so all the Colonies would appear equal.
- Each year Americans light about 200 million pounds of fireworks! And most of them are imported from China – $247,100,000 worth.
- The favourite food for the 4th of July is the Hot Dog. America consumes about 150 million hot dogs on this date. (poor little piggies)
- In 1776, there were 2.5 million people living in the new nation. Today the population of the U.S.A. is 316 million.